Movie2k Movies - The Dark Knight Rises Synopsis
The Dark Knight Rises is an upcoming superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan and written by Nolan and his brother Jonathan. Based on the DC Comics character Batman, The Dark Knight Rises will be the third installment in Nolan’s Batman film series, and is a sequel to Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008). It stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth, James Gordon, and Lucius Fox, respectively. The Dark Knight Rises will take place eight years after the events of The Dark Knight and will introduce the characters of Selina Kyle and Bane—portrayed by Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy—two villains from the Batman mythology.
Nolan was initially hesitant about returning to the series for a third time, but agreed to come back after developing a story with his brother and David S. Goyer that he felt would conclude the series on a satisfactory note. Filming has taken place across the world, including locations in India, London, Glasgow, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, and Pittsburgh. Nolan is utilizing IMAX cameras for more of the filming to optimize the quality of the picture. As with The Dark Knight, viral marketing campaigns began early during production to help promote the upcoming film. The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled for release in the United Kingdom, United States, and Canada on July 20, 2012, by Warner Bros.
Movie2k Movies - The Dark Knight Rises Plot
Following the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman assumes responsibility for Dent’s crimes in order to protect Dent’s reputation and is hunted as a fugitive by the Gotham City Police Department. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham has recovered from the Joker’s killing spree, and is experiencing a time of peace.
A warning from the “enigmatic” Selina Kyle foreshadows a coming cataclysm, prompting Batman to return to the city where he must stop the villain Bane and his plans to destroy Gotham.
Movie2k Movies - The Dark Knight Rises Cast
- Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne / Batman, a billionaire socialite dedicated to protecting Gotham City from the criminal underworld. Nolan has stated that, due to the eight-year gap between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, “he’s an older Bruce Wayne; he’s not in a great state.” Bale has stated that The Dark Knight Rises will be the final film in which he plays Batman.
- Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce’s trusted butler and confidant.
- Gary Oldman as James Gordon, Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department.
- Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, who runs Wayne Enterprises on behalf of Bruce Wayne and provides him with high-tech equipment.
- Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle. Hathaway has called the role her most physically demanding yet, especially fitting into the character’s signature leather costume. Hathaway “works out” five days a week for the role, including rigorous exercise and stunt training followed by an hour and a half of dance. She explained, “I’ve always thought that skinny was the goal, but with this job I also have to be strong.” Aside from her physical demands, Hathaway comments on her suit being used for her character: “It’s disappointing. I think everyone feels a slight frustration with it because those stills so undercut the work that’s being done,” she said. Hathaway also commented on her distinctive choreographing style: “They’ve given me a martial arts exercise that I have to do all the time to teach me grace and proper stance and fluid movement. It looks so gentle, but when you’re actually doing fight choreography it’s ‘Oh my gosh, that’s actually a block. Oh, I’m hitting somebody’s throat right now’.”
- Tom Hardy as Bane. Hardy has stated that he intends to portray the character as “more menacing” than in Joel Schumacher’s Batman & Robin and gained 30 pounds (14 kg) of muscle for the role, increasing his weight to 198 pounds (90 kg). According to costume designer Lindy Hemming, the character wears a mask that supplies him with an anaesthetic gas to relieve pain he suffers from an injury sustained “early in his story”, while Christopher Nolan explained that the character was chosen because of the desire to “[test] Batman both physically as well as mentally”. Hardy describes Bane’s fighting style as “[...] brutal. Brutal. He’s a big dude who’s incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It’s not about fighting. It’s about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it’s nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action.”
- Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate, “a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.” Cotillard has denied speculation that she is playing a dual role as Talia al Ghul, stating that her character is a completely original creation.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, “a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.”
- Josh Pence and Liam Neeson as Ra’s al Ghul, with the former playing a young version of the character in scenes to take place thirty years before the events of Batman Begins and the latter reportedly reprising his Batman Begins role in a cameo appearance.
Movie2k Movies - The Dark Knight Rises Production Notes
Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov had hoped a third film would be released in 2011 or 2012. Nolan wanted the story for the third installment to keep him emotionally invested. “On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question,” he reasoned, “how many good third movies in a franchise can people name?” Nolan only agreed to a third film on the basis of finding a worthwhile story, fearing that he would become bored halfway through production if he discovered the film to be unnecessary. By December 2008, Nolan completed a rough story outline, before he committed himself to Inception. Later in December, Alan F. Horn confirmed that while discussions with Nolan about a third film were ongoing, no casting had been done, and Horn denied all such rumors. Before Nolan confirmed his involvement, Oldman had said he was confident Nolan would return. It was not until February 9, 2010 that it was announced that Nolan had “cracked” the story of a sequel to The Dark Knight and was committed to return to the project. Shortly afterward, it was announced David S. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan were working on a screenplay. Goyer would leave the ‘The Dark Knight Rises‘ project during pre-production to begin work on Man of Steel; Jonathan continued writing the script based on the story by his brother Chris and Goyer. The Dark Knight Rises‘s storyline takes influence from the story arcs in the Batman comics The Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall and No Man’s Land.
Nolan confirmed the Joker would not return in the third film, and dismissed rumors that he considered using unused footage of Heath Ledger from The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises will reunite Nolan with many of his past collaborators, including Cinematographer Wally Pfister, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Lee Smith, costume designer Lindy Hemming, special effects supervisors Paul Franklin and Chris Corbould, and composer Hans Zimmer.
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Batman Begins
- Batman Begins 2005
- Batman Film
- Batman The Dark Knight
- Brother Jonathan
- Christian Bale
- Christopher Nolan
- City Police Department
- Dark Knight
- Dark Knight Rises
- Dc Comics Character
- Gary Oldman
- Harvey Dent
- Killing Spree
- Lucius Fox
- Michael Caine
- Morgan Freeman
- Movie2k Movies
- Selina Kyle
- Time Of Peace
- Viral Marketing Campaigns
- Wayne Alfred