The Avengers is an upcoming American superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures, based upon the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. It is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which crosses over several Marvel superhero films including Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011) and Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).
The Avengers is scheduled to be released on May 4, 2012 in the United States.
Movie2k Movies – The Avengers Plot
Marvel Studios presents in association with Paramount Pictures “Marvel’s The Avengers“–the Super Hero team up of a lifetime, featuring iconic Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.
Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins. Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson, and directed by Joss Whedon, “Marvel’s The Avengers” is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963 and a comics institution ever since. Prepare yourself for an exciting event movie, packed with action and spectacular special effects, when “Marvel’s The Avengers” assemble in summer 2012. In “Marvel’s The Avengers,” superheroes team up to pull the world back from the brink of disaster when an unexpected enemy threatens global security.
Movie2k Movies – The Avengers Cast
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man:
- A billionaire industrialist who seeks to pacify the world with a mechanical suit of armor of his own invention. Downey was cast as part of his four-picture deal with Marvel Studios, which includes Iron Man 2 and The Avengers.
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America:
- A World War II veteran who was enhanced to the peak of human physicality by an experimental serum. Evans was cast as part of a deal to star in three Marvel films, in addition to The Avengers. Evans stated that Steve Rogers is much darker in The Avengers explaining, “It’s just about him trying to come to terms with the modern world. You’ve got to imagine, it’s enough of a shock to accept the fact that you’re in a completely different time, but everybody you know is dead. Everybody you cared about… He was a soldier, obviously, everybody he went to battle with, all of his brothers in arms, they’re all dead. He’s just lonely. I think in the beginning it’s a fish out of water scene, and it’s tough. It’s a tough pill for him to swallow. Then comes trying to find a balance with the modern world.”
- Mark Ruffalo as Dr. Bruce Banner / Hulk (voiced by Lou Ferrigno):
- A genius scientist who, because of exposure to gamma radiation, transforms into a monster when enraged or excited. Ruffalo was cast for The Avengers after negotiations between Marvel and Edward Norton broke down.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor:
- The Norse god of thunder. Hemsworth was cast as part of a multiple movie deal. He had previously worked with Joss Whedon on The Cabin in the Woods. Hemsworth stated that he was able to maintain the strength he built up for Thor by increasing his food intake, consisting of a number of chicken breasts, fish, steak and eggs a day.
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff:
- A highly trained spy working for the international peacekeeping organization, S.H.I.E.L.D. Whedon confirmed that Johansson’s Romanoff would be the only female member of the Avengers, but not the only female character in the film.
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton:
- A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and master archer known in the comics as “Hawkeye”. Renner said it was a very physical role and that he trained physically and practiced archery as much as possible in preparation.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury:
- The director of the S.H.I.E.L.D., who as revealed in previous films is coordinating the “Avenger Initiative”. Jackson was brought to the project with a deal containing an option to play the character in up to nine Marvel films.
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki:
- The Norse god of mischief. In regard to his character’s evolution from the film Thor, Hiddleston stated, “I think the Loki we see in The Avengers is further advanced. You have to ask yourself the question: how pleasant an experience is it disappearing into a wormhole that has been created by some kind of super nuclear explosion of his own making? So I think by the time Loki shows up in The Avengers he’s seen a few things.”
- Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill:
- A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who works closely with Jackson’s Nick Fury. Smulders, whom Joss Whedon once considered for his unproduced live-action Wonder Woman film, was selected from a short list of potential actresses including Morena Baccarin. Smulder’s deal would integrate her into nine films.
Clark Gregg and Stellan Skarsgård reprise their roles from previous films as Phil Coulson and Erik Selvig respectively. Paul Bettany returns to voice JARVIS. The Avengers co-creator Stan Lee will have a cameo appearance.
Movie2k Movies – The Avengers Production Notes
Development of The Avengers began when Marvel Studios received a grant from Merrill Lynch in April 2005. After the success of the film Iron Man, Marvel announced that The Avengers would be released in July 2011. With the signing of Scarlett Johansson in March 2009, The Avengers was pushed back for a 2012 release.
Whedon was brought on board in April 2010 and rewrote the screenplay that was originally written by Zak Penn. Production for The Avengers began in April 2011 in Albuquerque New Mexico, before moving to Cleveland, Ohio, in August and New York City in September.
The Avengers is written and directed by Joss Whedon and features an ensemble cast, which includes Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson. In The Avengers, Nick Fury, director of the peacekeeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D., recruits Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America to save the world from destruction.
- Brink Of Disaster
- Chris Hemsworth
- Cinematic Universe
- Comic Book Series
- download movies
- film downloads
- Global Safety
- Hero Team
- Incredible Hulk
- Iron Man
- Jeremy Renner
- latest movies
- Marvel Comics
- Marvel Studios
- Marvel Superhero
- movie2k movie
- movie2k movie poster
- movie2k movie trailer
- Movie2k Movies
- movies online
- online movies
- Paramount Pictures
- Production Notes
- Recruitment Effort
- Robert Downey
- Robert Downey Jr
- Scarlett Johansson
- Spectacular Special Effects
- Suit Of Armor
- The Avengers
- Unexpected Enemy
- Walt Disney Pictures
- watch films
- Watch Full Movies Online
- watch movies
- watch movies online